Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Notary Witnesses Get Paperwork Done



Notary Witnesses Get Paperwork Done September 12, 2012
When we were at the Urgent Care last week the nurse reinforced the importance of getting my paperwork in line to care for Mom. I didn’t have a Power of Attorney in hand and if she hadn’t been cooperative it could have been an issue that would require a judge to handle.
So today I got online and completed all of the legal stuff including Power of Attorney, (me then Gina as back up) Will (split between daughter as Dad had before) and Living Will (no life support and a DNR on file) for both her and me (of course Julie is my heir and executor and no DNR for me yet!). I got Larry and Fred to go with us to her bank and had it all witnessed and notarized. So all of the paperwork is done now and I will leave a copy with her doctor tomorrow to put on file in her medical records. Our copies are in the desk and safe.
We took the guys out for lunch at the Golden Corral and Mom ate like I have never seen her eat before! She must have been really hungry or liked their food! She went to bed early and slept well.

No comments:

Post a Comment