Friday, August 31, 2012

Urgent Care



Urgent Care Visit August 31, 2012
Some days the anxiety reaches and uncontrollable fevered pitch and today was worse than ever. Her face was red and even her hands were red. I knew her blood pressure was off the charts and this was beyond anything I could control. So I said fine, get in the car. She wanted to go home as usual. But she doesn’t know where home is – it’s just not here. And it doesn’t matter where you are... it is never home.  I told her we needed to stop at Cigna to get her prescriptions. When we got there I said I wanted them to check her blood pressure so we would go into Urgent Care for a quick BP check. Well she would have nothing of that. “You are trying to commit me to a mental hospital!” she said. I went inside and explained the situation to the clerk and was told they could only help if she came in voluntarily. Otherwise I would need to go to the hospital ER. I started back out to the car and she was on her way in and was somewhat cooperative. But her delusions and personality were definitely off. When they checker her BP it was 174/99 and a few minutes later up to 200/140 and then even higher. They ran blood work and urine and a chest x-ray and found nothing wrong. The doctor prescribed a new BP med and suggested it is either the next phase of the Alzheimer’s disease or a hormone imbalance caused by the growing tumor on her adrenals. After 5 hours in the Urgent Care she was tired and willing to go home and to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment