Saturday, August 25, 2012

A morning Movie


August 24, 2012
Make plans and God laughs is what I always need to remember. We had been planning for a week or more to go to a documentary at a local movie theatre. The tickets had been purchased online and lunch was planned after the early showing. Mom is great about getting dressed and being ready to go, yet when it’s time to head to the car she claims her girlfriends are picking her up and they have other plans. She refused to go with me. We try every type of distraction to no avail. I wasn’t in the best mood having an aching knee already in pain. This on top of it and now running late had me at the end of my rope. I went to the car and started it sending Larry in to try and convince her to come. Finally I stomped into the living room, grabbed her purse, grabbed her cane, pulled her up out of the chair and said she was coming with me. I walked her to the car and buckled her in and she was fine. I don’t know why I think I have to let her have her free will anymore because she is mentally incapable of making decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment