Saturday, August 18, 2012

School at Your Age


August 18, 2012
I’m always up early working at my writing projects. I have three projects in works right now and one is nearing a deadline. The only time it is quiet and free of distractions is before Mom wakes up. So I usually write from 4amto 8am in the morning. I heard Mom get up and go to the bathroom around 6am which is usual. If the house is dark and quiet she usually goes right back to bed for a couple more hours. But this day she was spending a long time in the bathroom sink running water. When I went down to check things out she said she was getting ready for school and was afraid she had missed her bus and would be late. She insisted she went to school in Portland and had to catch the bus to get there. I knew if I tried to argue I would just get her upset. So I just said, but it’s Saturday. You don’t go to school on Saturday. Go back to bed. She was happy with that answer and climbed back to bed for a couple more hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment