Monday, August 27, 2012

Hiding Everything


August 27, 2012
It goes hand in hand with the anxiety. Paranoia and delusions. It results in things going missing. She hides everything and many I have yet to find. Mostly it is her purse. She is so convinced someone will steal her purse she hides it every day. The most common place is in her closet hanging from a hanger with several pieces of clothing on top. This weekend it was her makeup. All of her lipsticks have gone missing as well as tweezers. They were in her makeup bag on Friday but gone now. I have searched everywhere. I found other hidden items but not the lipstick and tweezers. I’m also missing Daddy’s wallet with his credit cards and id. I know she hid it somewhere yet to be discovered. When junk mail comes I let her open it and she won’t throw it away. She stuffs it in her wallet or drawers like priceless treasure. Again the I want to go home was a problem. She insists we are in someone else’s home. She was looking uncomfortable and I knew she had to go to the bathroom but she wanted to wait to go home and use her own bathroom. She wouldn’t use the bathroom her at a stranger’s house. Finally I had to get Fred to tell her it was okay to use the bathroom here. Coming from another person she believes it, but not from me. I will really miss Fred living next door when he leaves next month, just as I miss my sister now that she has moved away. We are approaching the most difficult stage of this disease and I am going to be alone to deal with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment