Sunday, August 26, 2012

Stomach Aches


August 26, 2012
Nausea has been a daily occurrence again. Nothing in the diet has changed. We aren’t out in the heat too much although the humidity is higher. I think it is mostly frustration levels seem higher lately. It builds an afternoon acid stomach and that leads to vomiting. I have begun a daily nausea medication that seems to help. I wish I knew why the anxiety gets so bad sometimes. I try to keep the daily routine pretty calm and simple. But even a tv show can create anxiety. She takes on the persona of a tv character and thinks she has their problems. Once she thought she was having a baby and the baby died. She was a wreck. But then she actually experienced that loss, a stillborn baby boy a year after I was born. So maybe it was so close to a memory she was reliving it. I try to monitor the tv keeping mostly Funny videos and light comedy or music. And we are wearing out the photo albums going through them so often. But now she seldom recognizes the people beyond saying they are family. Her favorite is the recent California vacation photo album. She enjoys the pictures of my sister Jo’s home and the dog Kobe. And she enjoys the flower gardens we visited and took so many pictures of beautiful plants. It’s as though she has let go of any emotional attachments to people here in preparation of her departure from this earth. She is more in tune with her mother and father and siblings than any of us still here. Although I love her and want to keep her with me, I hope she doesn’t have to wait too long to be reunited with them in Heaven as that is where she longs to be now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment