Friday, October 26, 2012

Haircut Friday October 26, 2012




Trudy has been doing Mom’s hair for many years and she does an excellent job. Each time it is cut it comes in whiter and whiter. Usually I sit and talk to Trudy while she is working on Mom’s hair, but today I had another stylist cut my hair right next to Mom and Trudy. I could hear the stories Mom was telling Trudy about how she and Daddy were traveling and going places. This was stimulated by Trudy saying she was going to Mexico on vacation. Mom went on and on weaving intricate yet unfeasible stories based on all of her travels in the past. One minute in Las Vegas, then LA, then in Maine. It made me wonder how that mind of her works. It’s all in there she just can’t put it together correctly. Trudy knows and can see how far Mom has slipped into another world. She takes extra time and gives Mom special attention. I tipped her a little extra.
We went to the bank to try and get my sister’s loan processed. The paperwork wasn’t ready yet.
My sister came home with us to watch Mom while I went to pick up a new TV with a friend. While I was gone my sister says Mom tried to leave to go home at least four times. She would walk with her and guide her back home. The afternoon Zanax puts her to sleep on the sofa and she is in bed by 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment