Saturday, October 27, 2012

Home all day Saturday October 27, 2012



It’s like she wants to be going somewhere all the time. She wanted to go to school when she woke up and dressed in the oddest combination of clothes you could imagine. This is a woman who always wore coordinated and matched outfits totally appropriate for the occasion. I took her in and changed into stay home clothes because I told her, “No school on Saturday.” I took her into the backyard to work on watering plants and watching me clean the pool, do weeding and planting. She enjoys sitting in the sun. She scares me getting too close to the edge of the pool. So I steer her toward a chair where she can watch me safely. She’s fine watching me work.
As soon as we go into the house she wants to go home again. Every day, a hundred times a day, we go through the “I’m going home now,” routine. Sometimes I can use distraction, “let’s do this first…” or I say “I wish you would stay with me because I will miss you.” Often I follow her down the driveway and she runs out of energy and comes back. Today I drove her around the neighborhood until she confessed she didn’t know where to go to get home. So we returned home I give her a Zanax and she sleeps all afternoon in front of the tv.  Some days we go through extreme range of emotions and have even been to the Urgent Care with blood pressure off the charts. But an hour later all is forgotten and back to the beginning again.

No comments:

Post a Comment