Thursday, May 2, 2013


Thanksgiving

 Holidays it become very difficult. First with daddy gone, they just aren’t the same. And it’s hard to know whether my daughter will be able to join us since she lives and works in California now. It seems the rest of the family has become fractured as well. The kids sometimes go to their dad’s family. My sister works long hours and never knows whether she’ll have time off. So all I can really plan on his mom and me.

 The other reason becomes difficult is anything out of the ordinary routine seems to upset mom. She becomes overtired and anxious. The desire to “go home” becomes all-consuming. You can see it in her eyes that she is in pain and very tired. Guess often stay too long and I have to let them know that we have an early bedtime in this household.

So for that reason I kept my Thanksgiving plans very simple. I roasted turkey, made mashed potatoes, peas and bread. I told anyone coming over to bring more to fill in around the basic dinner. My niece Stephanie made a bread pudding with Rum and raisins that was delicious. There seem to be enough food for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment